Department: High School Curriculum
Final Official Curriculum
Here is a link:
There are some additional documents and support materials available from the OAME:
- Here is a proposal to address the need for a coherent revision of the mathematics curriculum grades k-14. Not another five years. It appeared as an editorial in the December Ontario Mathematics Gazette.
- The summary of admissions requirements for all Ontario Universities for September 2008 is at the OUCA web site: http://www.electronicinfo.ca/html/english/2008/index2.html
- A two page summary of this, created by Wayne Erdman of the TDSB can be downloaded here as well.
- Senate Approved revised York Admissions Requirements of Mathematics courses for September 2008.
- New One Paragraph descriptions of the revised Grade 12 Courses, with new course codes.
- New Pathways including the revised Grade 12 Courses, with the new course codes.
- Short Summary of the new Vectors and Calculus course to be implemented in Grade 12 September 2007.
- Short Summary of the new Advanced Functions course to be implemented in Grade 12 September 2007.
- Short Summary of the revised Data Management course, to be implemented in Grade 12 September 2007.
- Recommendations for MATH Admissions This is a modified report from the discussions over the summer. It focuses on requirements for Mathematics Programs, but includes discussion of other programs at York, and suggested prerequisites. It is based on provincial discussions and discussions within the York Department of Mathematics (Arts and Science), as well as the current prerequisites and admissions requirements at York.
- Math Department Recommendations on Admissions This is a report from the July 31, 2006 meeting of the Admissions Committee in Science,annotated for people outside of the Mathematics Department. It is based on provincial discussions and discussions within the York Department of Mathematics (Arts and Science), as well as the current prerequisites and admissions requirements at York.
- Summary of University Admissions Requirements around Ontario This is a summary prepared by a Toronto High School Teacher of the Admissions Requirements for Ontario University programs on public web sites in October 2005.
- Summary of high school pathways This is a short summary of the Old (2000) pathway currently used for our admissions, the proposed pathway debated last October, and the new pathway to be implemented in September 2007 (Grade 12) and for September 2008 admissions and courses.
- Summary of content for revised Advanced Functions course This my cut-and-paste Draft of the new key first Grade 12 U course for students planning on additional mathematics (calculus, linear algebra, etc.) at University.
- Summary of content for new 'second course' This is my cut-and-paste DRAFT of the new 'second' Grade 12 U course which includes both Calculus (differential techniques) and Vectors, each adapted from parts of previous Grade 12 course content.
- Draft Advanced Functions Course October 2005 - similar to expected final version, with modest changes to 'rates of change'. The document includes a sidexside comparison with the 2000 curriculum for Advanced Functions and Calculus. It is expected to be the key Admissions requirement for University programs with substantial mathematical requirements beyond statistics courses
- Draft Geometry and Vectors course from last October. This will be replaced by a new course, tentatively called Calculus and Vectors, which will include the Vectors section of this course, and the calculus content of the previous Advanced Functions and Calculus
- Power Point presentation by Walter Whiteley on Grade 12 curriculum changes. This is a June presentation outlining the context, the changes in courses, the new pathways, and the tasks to be done over the next few months to adjust our admissions requirements and course prerequisites.
- Covering letter dated June 12, 2006 and
- Report of the Minister's Task Force on Senior High School Mathematics, dated May 9, 2006, released June 12, 2006
Together these documents outline the ministry decision to continue with Advanced Functions as proposed last October (see the next link) and to create a new course Calculus and Vectors to replace the older Geometry and Discrete Math and the proposed Geometry and Algebra, maintaining some calculus content as a Grade 12 U course with Advanced Functions as a prerequisite (or co-requisite in non-semestered schools).